Better Get Solar Now...
NYSERDA Rebate Will Decline Again Soon.
If you have been looking into a solar system for your home in New York State, then you know about the NYSERDA Rebate. This rebate is an incentive used by the state to encourage people to install and benefit from renewable energy. For solar systems, the rebate is currently 70 cents per installed watt. That means that if you buy a solar system, NYSERDA pays 70 cents per installed watt to the installer to help offset the cost of your system.
NYSERDA regularly decreases this amount.
Last fall, the rebate was $1.00/watt.
For example: If you had installed a 10000 watt solar system on your home last fall, NYSERDA would have paid $10,000 toward the cost of your system. At 70 cents per watt today, they would pay $7,000 of the cost.
NYSERDA sets aside a certain number of KWs in "blocks" for each rebate amount. When a particular block is used up, then the rate drops and the next block starts being used.
In the current 70-cent block, 68% is used, leaving only 32% of the block available. Once the block is used up, then the rebate drops to 60 cents per watt.
BOTTOM LINE... If you are considering solar, you should act now.
Leave a Reply.
Twin Tier Solar is the regional authority on Solar and Wind Power. This blog is used to share expertise and energy-saving strategies and methods with you.
Be sure and subscribe to our news feed.